On Friday night, Carl and I attended the ortho Christmas party at Dr Wheeler's house. Ben got to stay home with his favorite babysitters, but unfortunately was too tired to stay up late and party with them. I think he wanted to rest up for his big day at Disney World!
We drove to Disney Saturday morning and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom. Ben liked looking at all of the lights and listening to Christmas music, but he especially enjoyed exploring Tom Sawyer's Island (something we had never done before) and watching the parade. Ben's Disney dreams did come true when we gave him a bowl of ice cream to eat while waiting for the parade to begin!

We stayed until dark so we could see the Mickey Mouse show in front of the castle. Ben clapped along during the show and was impressed with the mini-fireworks display. I'm glad he's too young to know that this wasn't the main event. We weren't about to stay to watch the real fireworks at 9:00!
I was pretty excited about the children's Christmas program on Sunday, so we decided to keep the holiday momentum going and do our own little family Christmas after church. I made egg casserole (a Ben favorite) and started homemade cinnamon rolls (I've been having a serious craving for these!) before church and we ate brunch when we got home. Since we didn't get around to setting up Ben's Christmas present after a day at Disney, Santa actually came to our house during Ben's nap! Ben was delighted to find a surprise in the kitchen when he woke up!!








4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time at Disney.
And what can I saw about that kitchen. I am so jealous. With or without pants, Ben is the cutest cook/baker ever.
Those sweet rolls look too wonderful. I'll have to try those over the holiday.
On our next babysitting evening Ben will have to have a super nap so he can stay up and party with his "aunts".
Have a wonderful holiday. We'll see you in the new year.
love,
auntie marcia
Auntie Marcia,
Don't get too sick of sweet rolls over the holidays - Ben and I are still looking forward to baking them with you one day when we get home (the craving couldn't wait!!)
Kristen (and Ben)
A chef is born!!!Ben can cook (or whatever he wants) for me anytime. He was so zonked out on Friday, even I didn't have the heart to wake him up to play. But next time, all bets are off. He's mine. Have a great holiday up north, in the cold. Give my love to everyone. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Auntie Myrna
Kristen- He's adorable! Happy Holidays! Hope you're feeling well!
Emily Ludwig
Post a Comment