Monday, August 18, 2008

Vacation - Part I


We just returned from 8 relaxing days at Perdido Key. And since my parents met us for the week, it truly was a relaxing vacation - the first one since Ben's arrival!! One of the hardest things about living so far away is not having Ben's grandmas and aunts around to take him for a couple of hours each week. I love being a stay a home momma, but I think that a little time away from each other does us both good!! It was so nice to spend some alone time by the beach and pool, and it was great to go on a couple of dates with Carl as well! Ben also enjoyed being spoiled by his Nana and his afternoon naps with Grandpa! We took this picture shortly after arriving at the condo - he is already striking his vacation pose!
It was rainy off and on the first couple of days, but Ben preferred playing in the sand when it wasn't so hot out!





These pictures were taken at SanRoc Cay after we had a delicious meal at Cafe Grazie, one of my favorite places to eat in Orange Beach.

I have more pictures to post, but I have to coordinate my blogging time around the Olympics. The women's gymnastics individual finals take priority tonight! (sorry Kim!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben, you are a grade A stud, no doubt about it. Wish I could have been there, but glad I'll get you all to myself in a couple of weeks!
Kristen, I look forward to the next post... Nastia and Shawn would want you to make this a priority.
Love you! Aunt Kimmie