
When I was pregnant with Ella, I felt guilty about how her arrival would affect Ben. I was worried about what he would think of her and how our relationship would change. While he definitely has his "moments", he has also fallen completely, head over heels in love with his sister. And how could you not fall in love with those smiley, chubby cheeks? He can't get enough of her. If I'm holding her, he asks me to put her down in the bouncy seat so they can play. He still has trouble restraining himself and really wants to push down on her belly - especially when it is nice and round after a meal! Her old safe place was our bed. I would put her up there while I showered knowing that he has never attempted to climb up there. Ben is a cautious little guy, and the risk of falling has always outweighed his desire to climb! Imagine my surprise when I stepped out of the shower last week and Ben was sitting up on the bed as proud as can be shouting "Ben climbed to Baby Ella!". He then proceeded to slide off the bed and show me his knew feat - over and over! The lengths he's willing to go for his little sister . . .

He also loves to put his face right up next to her and wait for her hand to touch him. He gets so excited when it finally happens and he will announce where her hand touched him (Baby Ella hit Ben's mouth!!!) and then go back for more! Luckily, she is a good sport about Ben's lack of awareness for her personal space!


This past week, Ella has starting smiling at Ben, too. This encourages him even more and he loves to entertain her. I love watching them interacting with each other.

I took them in for their 2 year and 2 month appointments this week. Here are the stats
Ben
Height - 36 inches 80-85th percentile
Weight - 30 lbs 8 oz 80-85th percentile
Head circumference - still off the charts!
Ella
Height - 23 inches 75th percentile
Weight - 13 lbs 11 oz 97th percentile
Head Circumference - 97th percentile

Auntie Marcia and Auntie Myrna came over on Tuesday night for a little Ben and Ella fix before we leave for IL. Ben had the best time while they were here. They opened the Tide bottles for him so he could see the soap inside. Know one can understand what a big deal this is for Ben until you actually see his reaction. It's like a kid on crack at Disney World for the first time!! Ella enjoyed some cuddle time from her Aunties!
4 comments:
There's nothing that compares to Ben & Ella time here in FL. So much pleasure from two little people - opening Tide bottles for an hour or two - just part of the Ben experience - watching his whole body shake with joy and the look on his face is worth it all. And holding Ella is such a wonderful experience - watching her smile and laugh makes your day.
have a great time in IL.
love, auntie marcia
Thanks Auntie Marcia! Ben is ready for a cupcake date when we return!
I sure do love to cuddle those two angels (of course I have to catch Ben first) but Ella just molds herself into you. What a heavenly feeling. I never knew opening Tide bottles could be so much fun. But doing anything with Ben is fun. Have a wonderful time in IL and can't wait to spend time with our Babes when you get back.
Love to all,
Auntie Myrna
Kristen, I love the pictures of Ben and Ella together. They are so precious!!! Hope you guys are doing well. :)
Jackie
Post a Comment