Monday, August 10, 2009

Week in Pictures

Ella is 7 weeks old today. She is definitely more high maintenance than Ben was, but that is to be expected since she IS a girl and Ben was the most laid back baby ever! She is also a lot more expressive than Ben was at this age. She is so full of joy and smiles, and she is quite the talker as well. I love carrying on conversations with her. She is the most talkative with a full belly and sometimes she quits nursing and just starts jabbering away. I guess she is thanking me for the delicious meal. When she is eating, Ben says that she is hungry and is eating belly soup. Not sure where he came up with that one!

On Sundays, I always have trouble deciding which cute outfit she is going to wear to church. Thanks to Aunt Christina for last week's outfit! She is almost out of her 0-3 month clothes, so I actually get a little excited when I have to do an outfit change after she pukes or poops on herself!
Pam and I took Aidan and Ben to the splash park one day last week. The boys had a great time running around in the water. They also had a great time drinking the water! We had lunch at P'diddles cafe after that. Yummm!!! Our favorite hangout/lunch spot in Haile is closed *gasp* for the rest of the summer! I hope this is not going to lead to a permanent closure!! I don't know what we would do without the Village Market!!





Ella snoozed in her stroller while the boys splashed around! She still loves to be outside.
Ben has a pretty crazy imagination. Most things with a lid can easily become a washer/dryer, Ella's bumbo seat is a portable toilet/shower, and his latest - turning the vacuum into a shower. I left the vacuum in Ella's nursery this weekend and we decided to eavesdrop on Ben after he had been in there talking for quite awhile. He had grabbed a washcloth and soap out of the bathroom and was pretending that he was in the shower. He had even figured out how to turn on the water and where the shower head was. We don't even bother to by this kid real toys anymore!
Oh, and he does normally wear pants, it just takes him awhile to put them on after nap time!
Thankfully, Ella loves going on walks (even though she screams bloody murder when her carseat is in the car!). When Ben was a baby, walking the trails at Haile Plantation was his favorite activity because he loved looked up at the canopy of trees overhead! This was Ella's first walk on a Haile trail and she loved it (she even smiled for the camera to prove it)! I think she even stayed awake for most of the ride!

Our thrilling Saturday night activity included taking a trip to the Bat House on UF's campus. This bat house is home to around 60,000 bats, and when the sun sets each night, they all fly out at the same time in search of food. I was a little appalled at the thought of watching this spectacle, but supposedly it is a must see here in Gainesville and, well, we didn't have anything better to do. It was pretty crazy to watch, and if you're curious what we saw, here is a youtube link. The Bat House
Ella was more into people watching than bat watching!

Carl and Ben did a ton of yard work on Sunday while Ella and I observed while sitting on a chair in the shade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Ella is changing! We can't wait to see you all this week-end. Ben is becoming such a "little" boy instead of the "baby" stage. He is so much fun at this age. Praying for safe and uneventful travel on Sat. Love to all, Aunt Paula