Monday, November 16, 2009

Animal Kingdom

Carl had Wednesday off, so we headed down to Disney World. We decided to do Animal Kingdom this time since Ben is really into the characters right now and it is easy to see them there. We got back to the character area first thing in the morning and Ben did not have to wait in a single line! He was so happy as he ran from one character to the next! He had been practicing his big "squeeze hugs" for days in anticipation of this moment.





This was Ella's first trip to Disney, but I was having so much fun watching Ben, that I forgot to take her picture when the characters were interacting with her! My sister has been saying for years that the second child always gets the shaft!
Ben also enjoyed the petting zoo area. We had to watch him closely because he kept trying to sneak under the ropes. However, we obviously were not watching closely enough when he picked up a goat pellet. At that point, I put the camera away for the remainder of the day. . . . .

He was pretty nervous about seeing the Lion King Show and sat with his head buried in my shoulder the entire time we sat waiting for the show to start. Once the show got under way, he occasionally peaked out to see what was going on and eventually really liked it.
His favorite part of the day may have been eating lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. We sat between three huge apes and an aquarium, which combined with the thunderstorms every 15 minutes and all of the other things to see in the jungle, he barely touched his macaroni. And if you know how Ben feels about his mac and cheese, this is pretty surprising! The day after we got home I found him lying under Ella's play gym. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he was playing in the jungle!
When we got home Wednesday night, we asked Ben what he thought about Disney World. He said "Exciting!". Later that evening, he told me that Mickey and Minnie were his best friends!

2 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I think it's cute that he practiced his big squeeze hugs. What a fun day!

J Gutwein said...

Looks exciting! Love, J