Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome Dylan Carl Drake!

We welcomed Dylan Carl Drake into this world on Tuesday, Jan 31st at 11:20 pm! He weighed 9 lbs 7 oz and was 21.5 inches long. This little guy was my first baby who came on his own without being induced. I had a short labor, and made it to the hospital by 9pm, which left just enough time to get checked in and get my epidural in before he was ready to be born! And, as an extra special twist to my pregnancy, the little girl that we thought we saw on my 20 week US was most definitely a BOY!!!!

I was so fortunate to have our good friend, Rachel, as my OB for this pregnancy! She was an amazing doctor and it was so nice to have someone who we trust so much deliver our little guy. She met us at the hospital and stayed with me until he was born and my nurse was actually a certified midwife, so Dylan and I were in very good hands.


Dylan's first bath








Dylan slept for the duration of our hospital stay!


Snuggle Bug! We thought that Dylan resembled Ben very closely in the days following his birth.


I delivered Dylan in the new birthing center at St Joe. 9 babies were born on the 31st and Dylan was the biggest. Each baby is given a birthday cake. We had a wonderful experience at St Joe, but the cake really put it over the top for me :) It was just the sugary therapy that I needed as I struggled to pick out a name for our surprise son in my sleepless, hormonal haze!


All ready to go home!


I am hoping that the birth of our 3rd child will inspire me to start blogging again. This is how I documented Ben and Ella's first years, and I know I will regret not doing the same for Dylan!

No comments: