
We had a busy week getting ready for our Valentine's Day festivities. Ben had a great time making Valentine's this year. At first he was content to let me control the glue while he sprinkled (dumped) on the glitter, but he eventually wanted to do it all by himself. This resulted in a ginormous mess, but was lots of fun!



Ben had so much fun the first day, we decided to invite Fischer over the next morning for more Valentine fun (minus the glitter!!).

On Wednesday, we made a double batch of strawberry cupcakes (with strawberry cream cheese frosting - yummmm)! We sent 2 dozen to school with Daddy and kept the rest for Ben's Valentine's Day playgroup that he hosted for friends in our neighborhood.

As always, he was a big help in the kitchen!


Ben was upset as we poured the batter into the muffin tins because he thought it was ice cream. While it was hard for him to understand why he couldn't have a bowl of the "ice cream" to eat, he was very happy to be the taste tester when the warm cupcakes came out of the oven! I left him at the table where the cupcakes were cooling (smart idea, I know!) while I quickly left to grab the camera and I found him shoving a second cupcake in his mouth when I returned! But, I guess I can't blame him - we did use Paula
Deen's recipe. He has definitely inherited my sweet tooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment