
This picture of Ben pretty much sums up his feelings about our weekend getaway - he LOVED the beach!!! We left around 7:30 Saturday morning and were on the beach by 10:30. We set up a bucket of water under our umbrella and Ben was good to go for the rest of the weekend.

He literally spent hours playing with a bucket of water and a few sand toys. He was perfectly content to sit in the shade and play with the sand and water while Carl and I relaxed until we were ready to go for a swim in the ocean. The water was pretty chilly when we first got in, but was refreshing after we got used to it. Ben loved watching for waves and when he saw one, he would yell "Big Wave!" and then he would put his arms in the air and we would jump and let the wave carry us up and down. He was never ready to get out of the water, but a simple reminder about his special beach snacks usually did the trick. I think he ate his weight in watermelon on this trip!! He also really enjoyed floating (with our help!) and getting close-up views of dolphins and boats. Other favorite activities included watching for the low-flying advertisement planes, kites, and chasing sea gulls!


We were feeling pretty good about our last
minute accommodations right on the beach, until we saw that we were directly across the street from an ice cream stand - and then we knew it had been fate all along! After dinner Saturday night, we picked up milkshakes and then walked back to the beach to watch the sunset. Seriously, life does not get any better then eating ice cream on the beach while watching a beautiful sunset!
7 comments:
What fun!! Ben could not look more happy!
Kristin
Adorable pictures. Oh how I wish that my girls could come and play! Looks like fun! When is baby Ella due to arrive?
Jody ~ We'll be down here until May of 2010 - plenty of time left for you guys to make a trip down! I'm due June 22nd, so only 8 weeks left to go!
Super cute pictures! Brian and I were in Florida last week--I am so envious of you living down there! Ben looks like he had a blast. Good luck with the last weeks of your pregnancy... you look great, by the way!
Do you really think you are going to want to move back to IL? Looks like you are all enjoying Florida! I cannot believe you only have 8 weeks left! YEH! 2 changes your life more then I thought it would! I love seeing the pictures-Ben is such a big boy!
These pics are so cute, Kristen!! I can't wait to get to a beach myself :) Ben is quite the cutie!
Jackie
This looks like a fun weekend getaway! Ice cream and a sunset sounds like heaven to me. (: Where did you stay? Did you like it? We'd love to take D to the beach for a weekend sometime soon.
Post a Comment